Wednesday, February 15, 2023

I. Was. Wrong.

 

There is an old saying in the weather business.  If you want to take credit for the sunshine, you have to take credit for the rain.

I was quite confident in last week's Super Bowl prediction that Philadelphia would defeat Kansas City.

How did that work out for me?  I was wrong on so many levels!

First, I had the winning team wrong, and I believed that the Eagles would win comfortably.

Both teams have strong defenses, and I didn't expect a high scoring game.  Low 20's, tops.  Wrong again.

I did not watch one second of the game.  I did catch the highlight packages and a replay.  It looks like I missed a fantastic contest.  Still, no regrets.  I drifted off to sleep early, listening to the 70's channel on satellite radio.

I had a feeling things were turning against the Eagles in the second half because the fireworks in my neighborhood subsided, and there were none late at night, when the game ended.

Reflections?  I have new respect for Patrick Mahomes, who clearly played in a great deal of pain.  I wasn't sold on Eagles quarterback Jalen Hurts.  I am now.  From what I saw, the FOX broadcast looked great.  The Burkhardt/Olsen team received a wonderful review in the New York Post, and that paper hates everything.  Terry Bradshaw is catching some heat for a stupid remark, and deservedly so.  I'll have more on that in a couple of days.

And as for that holding penalty that helped decide the game...  I didn't think it was much of a hold and I wouldn't have called it.  The offending Eagle later admitted that yes, he is guilty.

Now, it's on to spring training baseball!