Friday, April 7, 2023

Good Friday

 

Today is Good Friday.  Sunday is Easter and it was always one of my favorite holidays-- spring time and rebirth, a sense of newness.

It was always a feast for the senses.

I can see the big pot of steamy boiling eggs in the days leading up to Easter, and the smell of the flowers.

My aunt's home smelled of freshly baked bread when I would stop by to pick up some in the days leading up to the holiday.

The aroma of my father's beer basted ham in the oven will stay in my mind forever.  The crinkle of the cellophane to reveal the candy within.  

We've had a lot of cold and snowy Easters, but we've had some great weather days, too.  Green grass.  Sunshine.  Robins on the lawn...  This is a wonderful time of year.

Please, remember what the season is all about.