Friday, April 14, 2023

Soaked

 

I thank heaven I'm not a football fan.

I used to be.  A long time ago.

The Steelers was my team.  Then, the team made a personnel decision that defied analysis.  I couldn't support the team and I was gone.  For good.  In a puff of smoke.  Ciao!

Having established that foundation, this is the first year You Tube has the NFL Sunday Ticket.  The NFL's contract with Direct TV was up, and the league got a better deal from You Tube.

You Tube announced its pricing structure this week.  It wasn't cheap in the Direct TV days.  You Tube carries on the tradition.

The NFL isn't alone.  Sports leagues seem to enjoy soaking the consumers.  High ticket prices, parking, food, souvenirs, and now, television.

I didn't expect the NFL to give it away.  Nor should they.  But, there comes a time when consumers need a break, especially with a faltering economy.

Hey, if you're a big fan and you can afford it, go for it.

The free games are good enough for me.