Thursday, April 13, 2023

I Don't Get It

 

One of my strong points is I'm not afraid to say "I don't understand."

I just don't understand social media.

Why is it, when you look at one cat picture, you are suddenly bombarded with cat pictures?  I don't really mind that.  I like kitties.

Discussions are nice.  Nastiness isn't.  There is a lot of nasty.

People seem compelled to tell you about, and show you, their lunch and their dancing abilities.

Everyone thinks they're a meteorologist.

People spend more time posting from shows and concerts than watching the actual show or concert.

Losing my blue checkmark doesn't bother me.

I should add that I'm still fascinated that this blog gets a few hundred hits every day.  Thank you!  I never really considered the blog to be "social media."  It's just a little newspaper-esque column that you can check from time to time.

In the meantime, I'll try to learn a little more.