Monday, April 24, 2023

Unfinished Monday

 

I don't consider myself an influencer, even though this blog has been around for nearly twenty years.  I do have the same social media sites as everyone else.  I've been a broadcaster for more than forty years, and proud of it.

Having said all of that, I've been whining, for months, about the secondary characters on the new "Night Court."  They're awful.  I've read a few reviews lately and they all agree with me.  Melissa Rauch?  Great!  John Larroquette?  Fantastic!  Sad to say, they are not enough to keep this show interesting, and I stopped watching weeks ago.

Staying with television, I've viewed a few more episodes of GSN's new "Split Second."  This is a remake of an early 70's classic.  My opinion hasn't changed.  The questions are too easy and the pacing is too slow.  Challenge me!  Two mistakes:  contestants have to wait until the question is read before buzzing in.  Second, if there is a wrong answer, the next contestant in line can't jump in to answer it.  Did anyone involved in this project screen the original?

It looks like the Oakland Athletics are moving to Las Vegas.  It's a done deal.  The land in Nevada is under a purchase agreement.  It will be at least a couple of years before the A's pack their bags, bringing this sorry episode to an end.  The team should have moved years ago.  This just shows the incompetency of the people running Major League Baseball-- and the greed.  The A's wanted to move to San Jose, but the San Francisco Giants wouldn't allow it, claiming it was their territory.  Hey, it's happened!  Adjacent teams can co-exist.  Yankees/Mets, Dodgers/Angels, Cubs/White Sox, Orioles/Nationals.

I'm still not paying for a blue check mark.

Heinz is now sponsoring a gate at Acrisure Field in Pittsburgh, formerly Heinz Field.  People freaked when the giant ketchup bottles were removed.  One is now back in place.  Much ado about nothing.  I still can't figure out why people got bent out of shape over this.  The only thing that really counts is what happens on the grass.

Where are Brian Williams and Shepard Smith?

Marywood University just had "Kindness Week."  I think that's great, and I am very proud of my alma mater.  Why isn't every week "Kindness Week" everywhere?