Friday, June 9, 2017

Taste Test: Pepsi Fire

Let's establish some things right off the top.

My colleague and friend, Kerry Brazen, does a great job with the Taste Test franchise.  She took it over several months ago, and has really made it her own.  Watch every Tuesday.

Once in a while, a product comes along to pique my curiosity, so I yammer on about it here.  Kerry's job is safe.

I've never been a coffee drinker, and I really don't get the high end coffee culture.  I don't see the value, but if you enjoy it, go nuts.

It has been established that I bleed diet cola.  Diet iced tea is a close second.  Diet Pepsi is my drink of choice, and I won't turn down an icy Diet Coke.


Pepsi is out with a limited time only flavor-- Pepsi Fire.  The can calls it "cinnamon flavored cola."

I do like cinnamon, but only in sweet things.  Some cultures and cuisines use cinnamon in savory dishes, and I just don't get that.  To each, his own.

Getting back to Pepsi Fire, there is only one fly in the ointment.  It doesn't come in diet.  In spite of that, I bought a 12 pack anyway.

So, how is it?  It has a nice cinnamon bite.  Sweet, but not as syrupy sweet as I expected.  A lot of cinnamon things have a chemical after-taste, and that's missing here.  It's pretty good, and I'm really sorry it doesn't come in a diet version.

I believe Pepsi Fire is on Kerry's list of things to test.  Keep watching for what her test reveals.