Thursday, June 22, 2017

There Goes the Sun



The summer solstice has come and gone.  The days are getting shorter, and I'm not complaining.

I've always found it strange when you get up to work an overnight shift and it's still daylight.  It's easier to sleep in the dark, and shrinking daylight doesn't bother me.

I will admit to loving early sunrises.  Those November, December and January short days can be depressing.

June and July are the tough months for those of us who work on the other side of the clock.

As I have said here many times before, don't cry for me.  This is the life I have chosen, and if a little too much daylight is my biggest problem, I'm darned lucky.

I do realize I'm in the minority here, so enjoy the bright.  Enjoy the light.  Enjoy the heat.  Summer can fade rather quickly.