Sunday, October 24, 2021

About the Cover

 

I usually have a goal in mind when I'm shooting for a header.  This month, it's just the opposite.

I took this photo on a late summer morning, for home, loaded it in to the computer and said to myself, "Self, that's a good header shot."

I usually shoot, parding the pun, for a fall type header in October, but I simply liked this photo too much.  Not to pat myself on the back, but it almost looks like a photo you'd see on a calendar.  Locomotive at the Von Storch shop in Scranton.  Radio and light tower, bridge over the tracks on the left.  The lines of the  tracks draw eye off to infinity.  Blue sky above.  I deliberatly put my name on the lower left to leave the sky pristine.

I rarely say I'm very happy with a shot, but I really do like this one.