Friday, October 8, 2021

Sunday Night Live!

 

When I was a kid, I hated Sunday nights.  It means another soul crushing week of school was just hours away.

As I grew up, Sunday nights meant another work week was approaching.  I've, for the most part, had jobs I liked, so it was OK.

In recent years, after I started working weekends, Sunday night means I am half way through my work week.  Again, even though I like my job, "hump day" is a nice milestone.

Sunday nights mean a little more now.  It might be the best night of radio all week.  A few things make me say that.

Arnie Spanier and Chris Plank occupy the late Sunday hours on FOX Sports Radio.  While I'm no longer a huge sports fan, these guys make sports fun and interesting.

JT the Brick hits XM at 11 pm.  He's a guy who strikes the right chord.  Serious when he has to be, funny when it's called for.  Energetic and knowledgeable always.

Sunday night radio, especially sports talk radio, isn't Death Valley.  Sunday is the busiest day in sports, and there is plenty of fresh material to discuss.

Ben Maller comes on FOX Sports Radio at 2 am, and he has the most interesting show on the entire FSR schedule.

If that isn't enough, the XM 70's channel reruns an old "American Top 40" in the middle of the night.  Sometimes, you need to switch gears.

There are times when being up all night has its advantages.