Tuesday, October 31, 2023

One Week, Matthew Perry, and Richard Moll

 

It's one week until the general election, and I hope you've read up on the candidates, maybe even scoped out a sample ballot.  I know many of you have already mailed in your ballots.

I've done both my personal and professional homework, so voting should be a breeze.-- just fill in the right ovals, personally.  Tweak my scripts and do some general snooping, professionally.

Even though many of the races in my area are uncontested, there is still anticipation in the air.  I always feel that way before an election and it peaks during my drive to work, early on election morning.

Let's see how stress free the week can be.

And, before I hit "publish" for the day, a few words about the weekend passing of Matthew Perry.  I was not a "Friends" fan.  I couldn't get through more than ten minutes of it.  To me, it just appeared to be a bunch of people whining about some pretty good lives.  I think the bottom line is that I wasn't in the shows target demographic and that's ok.  In other words, I was too old for "Friends."

Be that as it may, Perry had some addiction problems over the years, and he spent a lot of time helping people conquer their demons.  Matthew Perry mattered.

We also lost Richard Moll last week.  He played Bull the bailiff on "Night Court" for nine years.  Moll brought an interesting character to life.  Yes, he could be dimwitted at time, but Bull was written with a lot of heart.  Moll made it work, wonderfully.