Monday, October 16, 2023

Time Passages

 


We don't need any reminders that time is passing by a bit faster than we would like.  Once in a while, something happens that gives you that extra jolt.

Here is today's edition.  Happy birthday, Suzanne Somers.  The "Three's Company star is 77.  Are you kidding me?  77!

She will always be the ditzy blonde.  "Three's Company" came on like a house afire back in March of 1977.  Even though it was based on a British sitcom, "Three's Company" was fresh, different, and a little bawdy.  It was a great delight for a high school kid.  Must see TV.

For me, it got tired, and fast.  Somers left.  It became the same show every week, some sort of mix up.  I found better things to do with my time.

I've blogged about it in the past.  A coworker and I had the discussion last week.  Farrah Fawcett will always be the woman on the poster.  In the same vein, Suzanne Somers will always be the attractive blonde in an average, and occasionally dumb, sitcom.  Reruns leave her frozen in time.  

There are worse things.

=====

UPDATE:

I wrote what you see above early Saturday, and triggered it to appear here Monday morning.  I had no idea Suzanne Somers was very sick.  I had no idea she would die yesterday.  I'm so sorry.  I'm not sure if she felt that way, but many actors become disappointed they are known for one, and only one role.  Type cast.  I don't know if Somers had that concern.  I do hope she realized she made millions laugh for a long time, and she will be remembered fondly.