Friday, October 13, 2023

This Week

 

Brad Hare retired from the Sunbury Police Department Monday.  He was charged with stealing thousands from a volunteer fire company Wednesday.  I dealt with Chief Hare a few times over the years and found him to be extremely cooperative.  However, it doesn't excuse the behavior.  Yes, I know.  Innocent until proven guilty.

I guess Sunbury city officials can stop saying Chief Hare was "unavailable."

That launches me into another aspect of "This Week."   It's crisis management.  Certain people and organizations really outdid themselves this week in poor crisis management.  Friends, it's not that hard.   Get out in front of it.  Say what you know.  Be open.  Do it fast.  I'd like to say they'll do it better next time, but I severely doubt that.  There are entire college courses dedicated to crisis management.  I told you everything you need to know in about 15 seconds.

Our area came together this week to note the atrocities going on in the middle east.  It's a horrible situation, and people in our area always step up for emotional support.

Philadelphia sports fans can take things a bit too far, but I really enjoy how the city is going nuts again because the Phillies are in the playoffs.

As a life long rooter of underdogs, I didn't shed any tears when the Los Angeles Dodgers lost their playoff series to the Arizona Diamondbacks.  A sweep for the snakes!

I was a tad disappointed the Baltimore Orioles didn't show up for their series against Texas.  Orioles fans suffered for years.  It's too bad they didn't get a better show.

A lot of sports talk radio time is dedicated to the issue of whether New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick has suddenly become stupid.  No.  Of course not.  While Belichick has employed some shady practices in the past, he simply does not have the players this year.  This is not difficult to figure out.

A local 80's music radio station gave it up yesterday and went Spanish.

I'm sorry we are going to have a rainy weekend during peak leaf peeping time.