Tuesday, August 24, 2021

The Stomach Was Right


I've had more than my share of head vs heart conflicts over the years, too many to mention, and they all have unhappy endings.

Today, it's stomach versus brain.

Yesterday, I wrote about the feeling of impending doom in my stomach because Henri was approaching.  I heard the forecasts.  I saw the maps.  We were due for rain, and a lot of it.  It didn't appear to be anything we couldn't handle.

Don't worry, so said the brain.

The stomach and a constant upset sent another message.

I was scheduled to work 10 Sunday night until 7 Monday morning.

I woke up Sunday evening to a steady rain.  The rain gained in intensity as the night ended and the morning began.  The stomach was right.  This was going to be worse than predicted.

My heart breaks for all those who have property damage, flooded cars, soggy basements...

Never doubt the stomach.