Tuesday, May 2, 2023

History Lost and Found, Part II

 

Yesterday, I began a discussion centering on the destruction of an auto dealer that was part of the burned out slaughterhouse complex, along Hull Avenue in Olyphant.  I am particularly concerned about the fate of a big Studebaker logo above one of the doors.  So far, I have no answers.

I do love the photo above because you can see  the ghost of the old Granada Theater logo that is on the back of one of the buildings in the distance.  It fronts on Lackawanna Avenue.

Be that at is may, as I poked around and snapped pictures, take a look at what I found.

Blowing around in the rubble, some bills and one check from when there was a Chevrolet dealership here.  The dates are hard to read, but there are items from 1938!  And, look at the phone number!

This is just a small sample of what was floating around here, all destined for the landfill.

I hope that masonry  Studebaker logo I showed you yesterday enjoys a better fate.