Thursday, May 25, 2023

Thursday Scrapple

 

I don't care how much it's hyped, I'm still not paying to watch a football game on TV.

Daffy Duck is an underrated cartoon character.

I often catch a "Jeopardy" category and/or final question on You Tube.  Please, stop the spoilers.  the same goes for Facebook comments.

I'm thrilled trains have been getting so much attention lately-- the Nickel Plate's return to Scranton, and the excursions from Pittston to Jim Thorpe.

Lackawanna County's voter turnout last week was 30 per cent, as expected.  Also as expected, I'm sad.

Wendy's will experiment with keeping some restaurants drive-throughs open until 2 am this summer.  Intriguing.

The schedule makers have given the RailRiders every Monday off, except one.  It's the July 3rd game in Syracuse.  Wouldn't Memorial Day and Labor Day games have been nice?

The WNEP+ channel on Roku and Fire TV recently showed some old Centralia video.  To see the way it used to look was haunting.

Cell phones have been around for decades, and it still infuriates me to see people drive and talk on the phone at the same time.

I know I say it every year.  Writing on top of graduation mortarboards is just tiresome.  Walk on stage.  Get your diploma.  Sit down.  Go home.  Get a job.

Is Wordle still a thing?

I'm not a huge Bon Jovi fan, but I always crank up the volume and drive a little faster when "Bad Medicine" comes on the radio.  Thank you for the frequent plays, Rock 107.

The Scranton Armed Forces Day parade returns next year, for the first time since 2019.  I'm glad men and woman in uniform are recognized.  Unfortunately, this parade could never draw a crowd.  I hope that changes next year.

Tina Turner was an amazing performer and I always loved "Proud Mary."

ESPN is paying huge money for vulgar Pat McAfee's radio show, while it lays off employees.  Note to ESPN:  there is better, classier radio talent out there that doesn't cost nearly as much.

I'm thrilled for Ally Gallo Conway and her husband Max.  I'm almost as thrilled baby Mollie postponed her arrival until after the Sunday morning broadcast wrapped up.