Monday, July 17, 2023

Half

 

I do this in the winter, so here is the summer version...

The three hottest months of the year are June, July, and August.  It's meteorological summer, and it's half over.  It makes me happy.

Summer is not my friend.  When you work all night and sleep all day, heat and light are the enemies.  Air conditioning and dark curtains help.  They are not perfect.  Plus, there is the noise of screaming children, lawn mowers and leaf blowers.

Give me a quiet winter day.

I should hasten to add that this is the life I have chosen, and I'm in the minority.  If you are a summer lover, please make the most of the time between now and Labor Day.

We have been lucky so far.  Other than a few tornadoes, it's been an average year-- some rain, some heat, no hurricanes.

No matter what the season, it's amazing how quickly they pass.