Thursday, July 13, 2023

Thursday Scrapple

 

Why does frying look so easy on television, but when you do it, you're cleaning up grease for weeks?

This year's small town, amateur fireworks weren't as bad as recent years, but still intolerable.

I was ready for fall months ago.

I have zero interest in "Threads."  In fact, I'm more interested in reducing my social media footprint than expanding it.

Geezer moment:  in the year I was born, it cost four cents to mail a letter.  Now?  66.

As a kid, I would have been happier with a public park splash pad rather than a pool.

Restoration of the Nicholson train station gives me a kick, and I hope to be there with my camera soon.

You don't realize how humid your home is until you buy a dehumidifier.

The college football conference realignment baffles me, and it wears me out.  It looks like the days of the Atlantic Coast Conference are numbered, my favorite conference.  I liked the regionality and it includes some really good schools.

I'm not sure freshly sliced meat at Subway will make much of a difference.  Vegetables need more improvement.

While I hate to see people lose their jobs, the demise of Christmas Tree Shops doesn't bother me.

I realize I'm not in her target demographic, but I really don't understand Taylor Swift.

Shotei Ohtani is simply amazing.