Friday, July 21, 2023

#Happy

 

It's been quite a long time, a very long time,  since there has been a Hashtag Happy entry here.  I can thank our friends at the Scranton Times Tribune for this one.

This week, the paper did an update on the demolition of the fire ravaged Hull Avenue, Olyphant slaughterhouse complex and adjacent buildings.

While I watched the demolition earlier this year, I wondered and hoped an historic old Studebaker medallion above one of the entrances would be saved.  Below is one of my photos.


The paper reports the medallion was saved and it could be incorporated in to the apartments/townhouses planned for the site.  It made me happy, and if you value local history, it should make you happy too.

I can be a skeptical old oaf, and I really feared the smashed pieces of the Studebaker medallion would wind up in a landfill.  This is one case where I am very happy to say I was wrong.