Monday, July 3, 2023

Monday Scrapple

 

I love watching old newscasts on You Tube, and I wish I was one per cent as talented as Brinkley, Chancellor, Cronkite, and Jennings.

Why do we continue to praise public officials for spending our money?

Several awful roads in our area have been repaved.  We've only just begun.

For third shift people, this is perhaps the worst week of the year.  Too much light, too much heat, too much noise.

Geraldo Rivera left FOX News after 23 years.  Say what you want about the guy, he always produced compelling television.

I had to deal with my cable company last week.  In person?  Great.  Phone?  Hideous.

Happiness is a quality stapler.

Fine ballpoints have always been my favorites.  Rollerballs have caught up.

Some supermarkets in our area have become a nightmare.  Bad layouts.  Bad traffic flow.  they try to fit too much in to limited spaces.

I don't watch "Wheel of Fortune."  The choice of a new host inspires nothing but indifference.  but, Ryan Seacrest?   The guy's "talent" is a mile wide but an inch deep.

Actor Alan Arkin passed last week.  89.  I loved "The Slums of Beverly Hills."

I must have passed a dozen fireworks law violations on the way to work Saturday night.  How are those new laws working out?

ESPN laid off a bunch of people last week.  Suzy Kolber's dismissal defies analysis.  I guess she was simply making too much money for the folks at Disney to stomach.