Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Tuesday Scrabble

 

I'm toying with changing the name of "Scrapple" to "Scrabble."  It's the same concept.  Scrapple is a mix of a bunch of different ingredients.  Scrabble is the same, only with letters and words.

I used the logo from the NBC show rather than the board game.  I had my fill of board games, with friends, when I was a kid.  The NBC game show was horribly underrated and was great fun.  A reboot would be fantastic.

You know things aren't going great when the happiest thing in your life is the outstanding performance of your new dehumidifier.

While I didn't watch it, I'm distressed Red died in the last episode of "The Blacklist."  I would have preferred that Red simply vanished off the face of the earth.  He always a mystery man.  Let it end that way.

Actors have joined writers on the Hollywood picket line.  I will acknowledge that a lot of people get rich from their work.  The actors are freaking over artificial intelligence and they want some protection.   Name one occupation on this planet that hasn't been affected by technology.  Actors, welcome to the club!  I'll have more to say on that later this week.

I have a horrible habit of turning off the air conditioner way too early.

Once in a while,  I mention I song that I haven't heard in a long time, and the words instantly come back to me.  Today's entry"  "Lonely Boy" by Andrew Gold.

A New York Post sports writer believes the MLB All Star Game has run its course, and he's right.  Play normal games that week and end the World Series before November.

Why do fast food chains keep messing with their recipes?  It's simple.  Get me a good sandwich.  Fast.  Reasonably priced.  And hire people who can get an order right. 

"Soap" episodes air on WNEP2.  The creation of the Chuck and Bob characters is sheer genius.

Tennis is a great game, and I regret not taking it up in college, when I had the chance.  However, I never thought it translated in to a good TV sport.

Regardless of your thoughts on religion, I always do enjoy wandering about St. Ann's Novena in Scranton, meeting the people, and telling their stories.

Summer is barbecue season, and I'm seeing a lot of brisket videos on the internet.  I never understood the fascination with that cut of meat.  Overwhelmingly fatty.