Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Fall

 

Just a few thoughts on the first day of fall...

It's horrible, but I can't think of fall without thoughts of the next season, winter, dancing through my head.

My front yard chestnut tree didn't produce a lot of nuts this year.  Can it be a sign of a mild winter?  On the other hand, the skunks and squirrels did seem to spend some extra time fattening up in the last few weeks.  As I have noted before, animals know more than we do, and it's not even close.

The air conditioner usually comes out of my bedroom window around Halloween.  With the recent burse of above normal temperatures, it might be there until Thanksgiving.

Fall really has become my favorite time of year-- cool without being cold, the feeling of a warm jacket, sleeping under heavier blankets, open windows, the sound of leaves blowing in the wind, soup, apples...

If could only find a way follow fall with something else.