Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Tuesday Scrapple

 

I adore consistency more than most, but how did James Franklin get a ten year contract out of Penn State?

A couple of weeks ago, Baltimore topped 300 homicides for the year-- again.  The 300th victim of 2021 was a five year old girl.  The number of homicides is disgusting.  Even more sad is the lack of outrage.  By the way, Philadelphia already has more than 500 homicides this year.

I love looking at old game shows, election nights, news broadcasts and sports broadcasts on You Tube.  I watched Lindsey Nelson do an NFL game for CBS.  Football, baseball...  Nelson excelled in every assignment, and he is horribly under-rated.

Bobby Flay and the Food Network finally settled on a new contract.  I could not imagine Guy Fieri being the face of the network.

I cannot imagine what it is like to be afraid to go to school, and for parents to be afraid to send their children to school.

I love pie crust and pizza crust.

Fabulous invention:  Those ATM's that allow you to choose the dispensed denominations.

Is there anything more boring than "best of" sports talk radio shows during the holidays?  I'm sure there are hosts all over the country who would take a fill in gig and a little national exposure.  There is no need to go canned.

The endless social media links to the WKRP Thanksgiving show got on my nerves, but you have to admit that it was an outstanding episode.

Can't change the radio station when there's a Ronstadt song on.

There are plenty of bruised feelings over some college football coaching changes.  Boo hoo!  What have I been saying here for years?  College sports is a big business and it's time to give up the illusion that these people actually care.

I don't care how good it is.  I'm not waiting an hour for fast food.

When did Chia pets become so creepy?