Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Starry

 

While I'm a devoted diet cola guy, I do walk on the wild side once in a while.  The people at Pepsi dumped Sierra Mist and are pushing this.  It's called "Starry."  I'd like to meet the marketing geniuses and focus groups that came up with that name.  The Pepsi folks want to take market share away from Coke's Sprite and this is their solution.

I grabbed a 12 pack of the zero sugar version at the big box store the other day.  I do like it.  But, you can line up Starry, Sprite, the old Sierra Mist, 7 Up, and even the Walmart store brand, and I couldn't tell the difference.  In fact, Walmart's lemon lime is very good.  I'm sorry to say they never got the diet cola right.

Pepsi keeps trying.  Remember Teem?  How about Slice?

I'm an infrequent lemon lime soda purchaser, so I'll get whatever is on sale.  Will Starry cause you to switch brands?  I don't taste much of a reason.