Tuesday, December 12, 2023

The Top Ten of 2023, and a Vacation

 

That time of year has arrived.  It's time to count down my ten favorite photos of the year.  There are a handful of "honorable mentions" this year.  There would have been a few more, but I was too engaged in reporting and I forgot to pull out the camera.

While the blog turned 19 last month, this is the 15th year for the countdown.  As I've always said, it fills the slow time during the holidays and it affords a nice chance to pause and reflect on the year that is about to leave us.

They might not be the best photos, but some are really good.  These are simply photos that mean something to me.  I've assembled the photos in a file throughout the year.  Now, it's time to assign numbers and write a few paragraphs as to what they are all about.

The news of the day will not be lost.  I'll still offer up my usual vapid comments as the need arises.

We'll begin tomorrow with a a dark and stormy night.

As the great Tom Snyder used to day, relax and watch the pictures as they fly through the air.

By the way, I am burning off my last vacation week of 2023.  As the Spinners used to say, "I'll Be Around."  As always, the weekend morning broadcasts are in good hands.