Thursday, December 28, 2023

Top Ten: Marywood Memories

 

It's my birthday, and as is habit, I always choose a photo that has special meaning to me.

I was on the campus of my alma mater, Marywood University (it was a college back in my day), on the last Monday of August.  It was the first day of the new semester.  I talked with freshmen on the first day of their new chapter in life.

I remember mine, 44 years ago  It was a combination of terror and intimidation.  I came from a bad public school and I found those early freshman days to be exceptionally frightening.  I felt out of place, but Marywood (back then) was cheap and close, and I would have to find a way to make it work.

Photographer Tim snapped this shot with the Liberal Arts building in the background.  Of course, my favorite building was the media center, but it's gone now.

As for the class of 2027, I found their attitude to be "Yeah, whatever."  Things have changed since 1979.