Sunday, March 10, 2024

Andy's Angles: All Aboard!

 

Yesterday, I mentioned my recent wandering around the Reading and Northern yard in Pittston.  Weekend train trips to and from Jim Thorpe start and end here.

This a flawed photo of an engine and passenger cars.  The sun was not my friend and the scene is horribly back-lit.  You might ask, why I didn't simply go to the other side.  Well, that other side is right up against a guide rail and the road.  I love taking photographs, but it's always safety first with me-- especially when it involves traffic.

I did try to fix it, a little, in post production.  As as friend says, "You can't sell fish off an empty truck."  A bad photo is still a bad photo.

I would like to try it again some afternoon, especially now that there is more light later in the day.  There are some things to like with the composition-- mainly the curving track in the foreground.