Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Tuesday Scrapple

 

I've never played a team or individual sport.  We had three high school basketball teams here in our area go to the state championships last week, and all three came up a little short.  Our reporters interviewed some of the kids, and they all had the best attitudes.  I thought it was great.

Today's entry in "You remember the words, even though you haven't heard the song in eons..." belongs to Gene Cotton's "Before My Heart Finds Out."  1978.

I've been in a solar eclipse.  Interesting.  Not thrilling.  They don't excite me.

I have a blog entry coming up on the 45th anniversary of the Three Mile Island accident.  Believe me, that story did make an impact.

Easter was always one of my favorite holidays.

My stomach tightens every time I pass a gas station.  It's going to be a long summer.

Former Kingston Mayor Jim Haggerty lost his battle with cancer last week.  I met him a few times over the years, and I can't say I really knew him.  We do have a close mutual friend, and Haggerty really did seem like a great guy.  My sympathy to his family and friends.

A ton of old "Match Game/Hollywood Squares Hour" episodes from 1983 and 1984 have turned up on You Tube.  They also run on the Buzzr network.  While the show had its moments, I can't believe such a flawed concept made it on the air.

I haven't whined about this for a while, but it's time for Walmart to go back to 24/7 operation.  I know it's a lost cause.

The mass shooting in Russia made major headlines over the weekend.  The world is a scary place.

The pace at which we repair old bridges here in Pennsylvania is appalling.  

I'm still waiting for this year's magic "March Madness" story to appear.