Friday, March 1, 2024

Friday Scrapple

 

It still troubles me that on Mondays, you cannot find a physical copy of a local newspaper.

We've had a mild winter.  Here we are.  It's March 1, and I still think we will have one more whopper snowstorm before spring arrives for good.

AT&T is giving customers a $5 credit because of the recent outage.  Are you kidding me?  The company should pony up more than that.

There is a renewed discussion over college kids storming basketball courts.  One, it shouldn't happen.  Two, I don't know how to prevent it.  Arrest the kids?  I don't think so.  You shouldn't have a criminal record over a youthful indiscretion.  However, someone is really going to get hurt, severely, one of these days.

Investigators determined the 2022 bridge collapse in Pittsburgh was caused by poor maintenance and it is the city's fault.  Is anyone surprised?  If you saw what was beneath most bridges here in the state, you would never cross them.

Former Dallas Cowboys star Golden Richards died last week.  73.  He had one of the greatest names in sports.

Richard Lewis died the other day.  Comedian.  76.  Comedy is extremely subjective.  I'm sorry.  I wasn't a fan.  I do respect his body of work and his popularity.

Tom Emanski died this week.  He worked at several radio stations over the years.  After that, Tom was a private event DJ.  Our paths crossed at WARM in the late 80's.  Great guy.  You couldn't help but like him.  Tom had a few bouts with cancer over the years.  His fight is over.  His pain is over.  My sympathy to Tom's family, friends, and fans.  We lost a good one.