Sunday, April 21, 2024

Andy's Angles: Nazareth Hall

 

This the student center at my alma mater, Marywood University in Scranton.  It was Marywood College back then.

Nazareth Hall!

I was a townie, so hanging out in the dorms was off limits back then.  The other choices included the library, that was actually a library.  It was a frequent destination.  I was also a radio rat, hanging out in the radio/tv/media center in the library's basement.  Even if I wasn't on the air, it was a magical place, with the teletype blasting out the news, and the newest music, mixed with classic rock coming out of the speakers.  It was also the place to throw the bull with your fellow communicators and it was a big department back then.  

Nazareth wasn't a big deal during my day-- the dining hall for dormies downstairs.  Couches, chairs, and tv's upstairs to help you kill time, the book store/merchandise store tucked in to a corner.

And, downstairs, my favorite part-- a little snack bar, and I forgot what it was called.  Blue and faux wood Formica everywhere.  Decent burgers, dogs, fries, and milkshakes, great staff, clean, reasonable prices.  I loved it and there was a communications table!  Believe it or not, I sat with the cool kids!  I'm sorry it was eliminated, at least after my time there.

It's to see the building updated a few times aver the years.  I'm not thrilled at the "Pacer Pub." going in, which the administration still won't address.