Friday, April 26, 2024

Follow Up Friday

 

I'll keep it short this morning.  I'm on vacation and a weekend is coming.

For some odd reason, I really enjoyed the NFL draft this year and I can't explain it.

The main reason for today's Follow Up Friday is Tuesday's election.  

Statewide turnout was 23 per cent.  23?  Are you kidding me?

Yes, the presidential nominations are sewn up.  Many candidates were running without opposition, which is disgusting in and of itself.  But, many races were contested.  There were ample reasons to get out and vote.  I'm sorry 77 per cent of the electorate missed them.

This is Pennsylvania.  Democracy started here!  Ben Franklin has always been one of my heroes.  I shudder to think at what Ben would say about that 23 per cent number.

Make it up to me and Ben.  Vote in November!  Please!!