Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Follow Up Tuesday

 

I still haven't heard an explanation from the Scranton parking people as to why meters are enforced on MLK Day, but not Juneteenth.

While half of the staff was out chasing the solar eclipse yesterday, Ally Gallo and I held down our morning broadcast, which was great fun.  It's always nice to do a little something different during the week.

Speaking of the eclipse, I thought it was a great event, and I'm happy that people were "in" to something so positive.  However, I became sick of the hype weeks ago, and I'm thrilled its over.

I finally used up the last of those flavorless cellophane wrapped  jalapeno cheese slices.  I will say this.  I microwaved a pepperoni sandwich with a couple of those cheese slices on top.  It's a good melter!

We do keep a careful eye on the presidential and senate polls.  It should make for an entertaining fall.

Crazy weather lately, but that is to be expected at this time of year.

The Oakland Athletics will play in Oakland for one more year.  It's then off to Sacramento for three years, and finally Las Vegas.  Yes, the owner is a penny pinching scoundrel who is not investing n the team, but Oakland rarely supported the team.  The stadium is the worst in the league.  They weren't going to build a new one, so off they go.

A movie studio is in the running to buy CBS.  Conventional wisdom has the studio keeping the CBS property, Paramount, and selling off the network and the TV stations.  Friends, this is the beginning of the end.  

By the way, CBS just closed its Tokyo bureau.  Asia is one of the most volatile places in the world, and CBS will now rely on the BBC to tell it what's going on.

It seems like even more people are ignoring Pennsylvania's "wipers on, lights on" law.