Friday, April 19, 2024

Friday Scrapple

 

I really want to get out with the camera, but the weather on my days off, every week, borders on awful.  I have some vacation time at the end of the month.  Let's hope the tide turns.

Outside of the news and "Barney Miller," I haven't been watching much television.  I did stumble across some old "Match Game" reruns.  Gee, Gene Rayburn made it look like hosting that show was a breeze, and it really wasn't.

Today's entry in "I recall the lyrics, even though I haven't heard the song in years...  Lobo's "Don't Expect Me to Be Your Friend."

Someone posts the "Final Jeopardy"" clue on You Tube every night, and I'll say it again.  Few things give more joy than nailing it when the contestants all miss it.  It happened again this week.

Bob Costas is calling for more sports journalism on television.  Good luck with that, Bob.  When the leagues pay the bills, they call the tune.

I can just imagine the relief of local law enforcement when Air Force One left the runway Wednesday morning.

The recent rash of mine subsidences is nothing short of frightening.  Considering our area's history, I'm surprised we don't have more.

It looks like Katie Couric is going through another round of grasping to be relevant.

I hope the new radio voice of the Yankees, replacing John Sterling, loves the team, the city, and more importantly, LOVES RADIO!  There is no better baseball sport than radio.

Salt Lake City is getting an NHL team?

Just about any old Glen Campbell song can make me smile.

We had another sports gambling scandal this week.  Tip of the iceberg, my friends.