Thursday, March 23, 2023

Concentration

 

I'm not as young as I used to be.  My hair is nearly all grey.  I'm okay with both facts.  I've been in the business much longer than a lot of the people I revered as a lad.

One thing is bothering me.

We recently passed the 30th anniversary of the "Blizzard of '93."  I can't remember a darned thing about it.  I do recall I was working "across the street."  I was called in to work, and we did the standard snow storm stories.  I do summon up thoughts of no coordination, so all the reporters on duty that day essentially did the same story.   Other than that, I'm blanking.

On the other hand, when former president Trump announced his possible upcoming indictment, my mind immediately went back to May of 1992, when Rep. Joe McDade announced his impending indictment.  I remembered the story, where it was, who I spoke with, and everything about it.  I was "across the street" then, too.  I looked at WNEP's video and it was exactly as I remembered.
I'm just struggling with how I can have vivid memories of one major story, and no recollection of the other.