Thursday, March 30, 2023

Everything, Everywhere, All At Once

 

Sadly, I've been accustomed to people using cell phones behind the wheel.  The drivers don't stay in their lane.  They camp at the traffic light, even after it turns green.  They don't pay attention.  They are a menace to society.

Something jumped out at me the other morning.

I was at the big box warehouse store, stocking up on a few things.  It was my standard trip.  I know what I want and need.  In and out.  No browsing.  Boom!

Sadly again, other shoppers had plans for me.  They mucked up my trip by talking on their phones, meandering through the aisles, leaving their carts anywhere they pleased, and slowing traffic through the store.

I had no intention of eavesdropping on some of these conversations, but I couldn't help it.  They weren't talking to get advice on what products to buy.  It was your typical mundane conversations, clearly things that could have waited.  Is shopping that boring that you need to entertain yourself with phone calls while you're in the store?

Stop it!  Stop it now!

You are impeding commerce and convenience.

I guess I should be happy these people are talking in the store rather than in their vehicles, but it's fairly safe to say they were probably yakking away out there, too.