Thursday, November 7, 2019

Book Review: "Match Game 101"

I will readily admit that I have no life.  I read a Gene Rayburn biography a couple of years ago, and buying "Match Game 101" was a no brainer.

It comes down to this-- if you were a Match Game fan, you'll love the book.  The author talked with the people who were there-- the stars, the writers, and all the back stage people who made it happen.

What I particularly liked was there were several chapters on the New York days, the first incarnation of the show that ran from 1962 to 69.

Of course, most of the book was dedicated to the glory days of the 70's.

Be prepared.  "Match Game 101" looks and feels like a text book.  It's huge and it's not cheap.  It will run you around $40.  I enjoyed every page and it was worth the investment.