Tuesday, November 26, 2019

It Was Disgusting

It was during a trip to one of my favorite places last week:  the dollar store.

I bought a few items and was checking out when I noticed the cashier had a cold.  Not just congenstion, but a horrible, wet, drippy cold.

She tried her best to avoid hand to hand contact while handing me my change, but it couldn't be helped.  I'm sure the change was covered with germs, anyway.

If you're sick and especially if you deal with the public, STAY HOME!

It's entirely possible this employee couldn't afford to stay home-- family to support, bills to pay, holidays coming, etc.

It's also possible she was a part timer and this store chain didn't offer sick time.  I just don't know.

I couldn't wait to get to my car and grab the bottle of hand sanitizer I keep there.