Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Stuck in the Middle With You

It is one of the joys of going to the gym.  There is an array of televisions on a rack near the ceiling.

As I sweat away on the bikes, ellipticals, steppers, treadmills, etc, I can watch a variety of news broadcasts.

I was viewing wrap ups and discussions of the House Impeachment Inquiry Hearings, and it jumped out at me.  No two news networks were alike.  Some conservative.  Most liberal.  I wondered if the commentators and "anchors" were actually watching the hearings, or just spouting off their views.

Here's my advice to media moguls.  There is an opening for an impartial news network in this country that you can drive a truck through.  I hope someone ponies up the cash to make it happen, or one of the existing networks decides "enough is enough" and chooses to travel the straight and narrow.

Conventional wisdom has people choosing networks based on their comfort level with the point of view.

Me?  Just give me the news.  I can make up my own mind.