Monday, June 27, 2022

Monday Scrapple

 

Stephen Bishop's "Save It For a Rainy Day" is a great song.  While researching it, I was shocked to see that it only made it as far as 22 on the Billboard charts in 1976.

The first month of summer is nearly over.  Bring on the September coolness!

I'm not agoraphobic, but if I can avoid a crowd, I will.

When is the "torn basil over everything" fad going to end?

I just can't get interested in multi millionaire golfers and the tours where they participate.

We observed the D Day anniversary this month and Flag Day.  Why aren't those days bigger on the American calendar?

Jurassic Park?  Top Gun?  Pass!

Are the NBA Finals over yet?

I was out doing some shopping the other day.  Where is this recession I'm hearing about?  Stores were busy.

I like the rain, especially when it ushers in cooler weather.

I've slowed down considerably on buying ties.  I wish I could say the same for books.  I'm assembling a nice stack of things I will get to, eventually.

Golf has given away to the same madness as Major League Baseball.  You never know where to find it.  The US Open bounced from the Peacock streaming service, to USA cable, to NBC, and then back to USA.  Yeah, let's confuse the viewers.

The Agnes anniversary triggered a lot of old radio memories.  I still get a chill when I hear those "wonderful WARM" jingles.  Even though it was a sad time in all our lives, it was nice seeing and hearing some former coworkers in vintage video and audio.