Wednesday, February 2, 2022

40 and Out

 

Her 40 day championship run is over.  Amy Schneider lost on "Jeopardy!" last week.

I am happy.

It's not because I don't like Amy Schneider.  I do.  She seems like a very likeable and humble person.  I respect her vast knowledge.  Most of Schneider's 40 wins weren't even close.

And, there is the problem.

Schneider was so smart, there was no jeopardy in "Jeopardy!"  The outcome was decided before the Final Jeopardy round.  She couldn't lose.

I didn't find that fun.  I didn't find that entertaining.  I need suspense.  I need drama.

I like "Jeopardy!" better when there are new faces.

"Jeopardy!" used to retire champions after five wins.  I like that rule.  Bring it back!

It will never happen.  Ratings rose during Amy Schneider's championship run.  In television, and in life, follow the money.

Congratulations, Amy.  You were a great champion.