Sunday, April 24, 2022

Andy's Angles: The Mural

 

The project is scheduled to start tomorrow.  A crew will fix the cracks and other issues in the retaining wall near where the Central Scranton Expressway meets Jefferson Avenue.

Above is a quickie camera phone shot I took the other morning.  Below is just a shot I took as I was playing with a new, wide angle lens last spring.  I kept the shutter open to get some light trails, but there wasn't much traffic and I judged this one to be a failure.  Well, not totally.  It did help me get a feel for the lens, what it does well, what it doesn't do well.  I was generally pleased.

Be that as it may...

A Lackawanna County spokesman says he's not sure if the mural will be repaired or replaced.  I vote for repaired.  It's big.  It's bright.  It's colorful and it says "Scranton."  Please, no more tributes to "The Office."  It just wasn't funny.

The locals get the mural.  It's easy to understand for the visitors.

There are many times when familiar is good.