Saturday, July 31, 2021

Andy's Angles: I Saw the Light

 

This one has been sticking in my craw for a while, and by the way, where is a "craw?"

No one will argue that the intersection of Main, Boulevard and Storrs in Dickson City needed to be updated.  There is a lot more traffic here than there once was and it will get even worse in the years to come, when a new hospital opens several blocks down main, to the right in the photo above.


Here is what's driving me insane, pardon the pun.  I don't know who is responsible, but they picked the absolutely ugliest poles and extensions out there.  This part of Dickson City still has its small town feel.  Now, it looks like there is a major highway interchange in the middle of the borough.


The photos, taken just after dawn on a recent morning don't do justice to the ugliness.  Yes, it is possible to improve safety and aesthetics at the same time!

By the way, police have gone on record as opposing some changes to the traffic flow here.  I've been through several times and haven't had an issue, but the people who patrol here every day know more than I.

I'm sure some official on some level, down the road, looking to win reelection, will come up with more of your money to do the intersection the way it should have been done in the first place.