Friday, November 26, 2021

Black Friday

 

I've mellowed a bit on Black Friday.  Don't get me wrong.  It's still one of my least favorite days on the calendar.  By the way, Independence Day is moving up fast on the list, thanks to the indiscriminate, irresponsible, reckless and inconsiderate use of fireworks.  

Be that as it may, Black Friday still an day of excesses-- too much hustle and bustle, noise, confusion, and stress.  I choose not to participate.

While I'd rather see money spent on local businesses, or big businesses that employ local people, internet shopping has taken some of the shine off the Black Friday apple.

I do admit there is a big need to save a buck these days, and if it means going out on Black Friday to stretch a dollar, by all means, go for it.  Also, some people used Black Friday shopping as family time.  That is a good thing.

Two words come to mind today:  considerate and careful.