Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Follow Up Tuesday

 

REVISITING SOME EARLIER TOPICS...


I am a huge fan of the Little River Band's "Reminiscing."  The band is playing in the Poconos in July.  I'd love to go, but it conflicts with my work schedule.  It has long been my contention that the "Little River Band" is vastly underrated.  

NBC has granted the great Al Michaels "emeritus" status.  It means the network will use him during the NFL playoffs and the Olympics.  I still think Pat Summerall was better at football, but Michaels, who will call NFL games for Amazon this year, might be the best overall announcer in history-- NFL, MLB, Olympics, NBA...

I recently complained about the lack of an outstanding supermarket pickle.  Thank you for the suggestions.  My cart will be filled on my next trip to the store.

We are only five months in to the year, and I already have seven photographs for this year's "Top Ten."    It looks like I'll have to include some "honorable mentions" again this year.  I've had great luck with some recent, albeit fast, expeditions.

The Orioles, Royals, Pirates and Reds are still bad, and I'm still sad.  These teams were once baseball's elite organizations.

It was the usual Memorial Day problem at the office.  It is touching that so many communities have Memorial Day services and parades.  We try to get to as many as we can, but we can't visit them all.  That always leads to bruised feelings.  It's unintentional.  We should be proud of the way we honor the men and woman who served.