Saturday, August 5, 2023

About the Cover

 

It is rare that I hit the last day of the month without the next month's blog header photo ready to go, but that is where I found myself Monday morning.  The new month was hours away, and the tank was on empty.

I wanted something that said "summer."  After all, fall will be here before you know it.  (Yay!)  You can already sense the daylight hours shortening.

So, I looked at a computer map program, hoping for inspiration, and something that wasn't a train.  I had such good luck last month, with an early morning photo from Lake Wallenpaupack.  By the way, thank you for the kind words on that shot.  It will likely return in December as one of the Top Ten of 2023.

I pointed the car north and headed to Lackawanna State Park.  It never disappoints.


I shot this from the Route 407 bridge.  The boat launch and the dock are off to the right.  If you look carefully at the water on the upper left, you can see some early morning vapor rising from the lake.

It's a nice way to begin the last month of summer.

Tomorrow, a photo that nearly became August's header.