Thursday, August 10, 2023

Danger! Danger!!

 

It happens every time the National Weather Service triggers watching and warnings, and Monday afternoon might have set a record for tornado warnings across northeastern and central Pennsylvania.

Was it too much?  Overdone?  

Judging by the emails, phone calls and social media posts, many of you say the answer to that is a resounding "yes."

When it comes to weather, I've always been a cautious lad.  Mix in fear and anxiety and you get the picture.  Yes, my neighborhood was under a tornado watch for a while Monday afternoon.  I slept through it, and luckily, there was no trouble anywhere near me.

I do agree it can be frustrating, and watching a radar map for several minutes at a time might not make the best television.

On the other hand, I'd rather be warned than surprised.