Friday, September 15, 2023

Let's Review

 

Another vacation week is in its last hours...

As I have already established, September vacations are great because the weather cools nicely.  How did that work out for me?  It was days of record heat and oppressive humidity.  Things are moderating, and it's time to get back to work.

I hasten to add that my issues were a minor nuisance when compared to the utter misery of Saturday night's storms.  I consider myself to be extremely fortunate.

The time off was nothing special-- slightly productive, with a flu shot and car maintenance.   I did a little visiting, took a few photos, read a little (not nearly enough), wrote some letters, grew a vacation beard, shaved a vacation beard and got plenty of sleep.

I didn't watch one second of the NFL and Major League Baseball.  It just didn't interest me.

It's back to the grind tonight, and I'm not complaining.  I miss my desk.

There are weeks off in October and November, plus several scattered day off.

Let's get back to work.