Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Tuesday Scrapple

 

In the "Portnoy versus Dragon Pizza" feud, I'm siding with Portnoy.

A heat wave is bad enough, but it's especially awful when it comes at a time when you look forward to cooler weather.

The Hollywood strikes seem like a case of mutually assured destruction.

I like "Hungry Heart" and Pink Cadillac."  Otherwise, I'm not much of a Springsteen fan.  I'm still distressed he's having some health problems.

I was never a big Jimmy Buffett guy, either.  Still, his passing saddens me.

One more musical note, pardon the pun.  I was listening to the satellite radio 70's channel this week and heard a few Linda Ronstadt songs.  What a marvelous voice!

The NFL season is underway.  It bothers me to say I'm underwhelmed.

I will not be purchasing Wendy's new pumpkin spice Frosty.

September hits, and it seems like some road repair projects pick up steam.  Check the calendar.  Construction season is nearing its end.

School bus driver has to be one of the toughest occupations out there.

I usually sail through flu shots, but I did feel a tad bit feverish after my shot last week.  It could have been the heat.  Regardless, it passed quickly.  Get your shot!

Tennis is a wonderful game.  To me, it seems like the U.S. Open and Wimbledon take an eternity to complete.

Hurricane Lee looks terrifying.  Let's hope it turns to the north.

I am still amazed by the people who have the onions, in spite of security cameras everywhere, to load up carts and simply stroll out of stores.  Penalties need to increase, or the retail industry will collapse.

I won't miss summer.  I will miss sweet corn season.

Gerry Rafferty and Stealers Wheel, "Stuck in the Middle with You" is an outstanding song.

Boscov's is advertising winter coats.

The Saturday night flooding is heartbreaking.  Sadly, there isn't much you can do when it rains several inches in just a few hours.