Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Fat Cat Christmas

 

It made me smile.

Most of morning meteorologist Joe Snedeker's pointing themes come and go without much interest from me.  They're amusing, and I enjoy most, but they really don't have much of an impact on my life and work flow.

I will admit to having some input into the recent "Babushkat" pointer theme.

I like cats.  Every one is different.

That's why I was thrilled Joe is bringing back "Fat Cat Christmas."  It was one of the most successful pointing themes of all time.  It is just what the name says.  People send in photos of their overweight cats celebrating the holiday season.  This is the 10th anniversary of "Fat Cat Christmas," so this seemed like an opportune time for a return.


I had no suggestion into the selection, but this cat was chosen as the winner in 2013.  It is Mr. Bynx and Ashley.  Bynx wasn't really fat.  He had a really thick coat, and Ashley is a delightful owner.  Our news director at the time is also a cat lover.  He arranged for a gift pack from a pet store, so Bynx didn't leave that morning empty handed, or empty pawed.

So, get your photos ready.  Maybe I'll be around on the morning 2023's winner comes in for a visit, and there will be another photo to add to my collection.

Merry Fat Cat Christmas!