Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Wednesday Scrapple

 

Heinz is coming out with pickle flavored ketchup next year.  Color me intrigued.  I'm a fan of the Heinz habanero ketchup.  The heat cuts through the sickening sweetness of the regular stuff.

Every once in a while, I mention a song where you remember the lyrics, even if you haven't heard it in several years.  Today's entry:  Steve Martin's "King Tut."

I don't cook or bake, but I really love all the seasonal things that pop up in supermarkets at this time of year.

It is the yearly ritual in Pittsburgh. Steelers coach Mike Tomlin is losing control of the team.  Nothing new here.  Move along.

Why do we bother to have speed limits?

Microsoft is really dropping the ball when it comes to catching phishing emails.

I am thankful for many things in life.  One of the big ones:  shots and needles never bothered me.

Presidential election polls, a year before the vote, really don't mean much, but they are fascinating.

The Grammy awards will be handed out in February.  Save the time.  Just give everything to Taylor Swift.

I do like cooler weather.  Still, the first time putting on a winter coat can be depressing.  The same goes for the first frosty windshield scrape of fall.

It sounds funny, but there is only one hair cut left for me before the start of the new year.

Even though it came out way back in 1986, I am shocked at the number of broadcasters who have not read Linda Ellerbee's first book, "And So It Goes."  It should be required reading for every college media student.

"Elf on the Shelf" was entertaining for about 14 seconds.

The Major League Baseball owners approved the Athletics moving from Oakland to Las Vegas.  That city never supported the team, but the weasel owner never gave them anything to support.

Les Nessman's "The turkeys are hitting the ground like sacks of wet cement" line always puts me on the floor.

Jimmy Kimmel is hosting the Academy Awards next year, his fourth time.  Is the talent pool in America really that shallow?