Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Horse Trading

 

The yearly ritual actually took place a couple of weeks ago.  It is the horse trading involved in making sure every shift is covered during the holidays.

As I've said many times before, working holidays comes with the territory.  It never bothered me.  When you take a job in news, you know holidays are part of the deal.  As an aside, I'm amazed at how many kids entering the business don't realize that.  What are they teaching in college?  I suspect it's a surprise to the young ones because college faculty is so detached from the real world.

I've been lucky.  There is no travel for me during the holidays.  I'd prefer to see the people with no family here have the opportunity to get home, at least for a little while.  I took on some extra holiday week duties.  It's all good.  I'll get an extra day off in January.

So, you might see some different people in different places, on different days in the weeks to come.

Happy Holidays!